Doubts PostgreSQL

От rafael.burischipfer
Тема Doubts PostgreSQL
Дата
Re: Doubts PostgreSQL  (Jorge Torralba <jorge.torralba@gmail.com>)
Re: Doubts PostgreSQL  (lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de)
Список pgsql-admin
Hello everybody,

I'm Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server DBA, and now I started work with PostgreSQL
and I have some doubts.

1) Can I archive different databases in different directory path?
Example:
I want archive the database production 1 in '/mnt/production_1/archive' and
production 2 in '/mnt/production_2/archive'

2) I want change the WAL location, I don't want the WAL files stay in
default location, I want for example in '/PGDATA/WAL', and Can I create
different WALs to different databases?

3) Can I improve the WAL size? the default is 16,384 KB, I want for example
51,200 KB it is possible?

4) In my instance I have three databases (Production 1, Production 2 and
Production 3), and I have a role named UserProd with password 'test123', I
want the Production 1 database the password be 'passwd123' in Production 2
database be '123-passwd' and in Production 3 database be 'test123', it is
possible?

Thanks a lot people