Re: duplicate function oid symbols

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: duplicate function oid symbols
Дата
Re: duplicate function oid symbols  (John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2020-10-28 14:49:06 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Moreover, this clearly shows the
>> effect John mentioned that people have been copying the style of adjacent
>> entries rather than making use of the standard oid_symbol convention like
>> they should --- some of these don't exist in the initial v11 version of
>> pg_type.dat.

> Wonder if it's worth using something like 'backward_compat_oid_symbol'
> and rejecting plain oid_symbol references for pg_type? That'd perhaps be
> less likely to be copied?

Nah.  What I'm imagining is just that pg_type.h contains

#ifdef EXPOSE_TO_CLIENT_CODE

/*
 * Backwards compatibility for ancient random spellings of OID macros.
 * Don't use these macros in new code.
 */
#define CASHOID  MONEYOID
#define LSNOID   PG_LSNOID

#endif

and then the negotiation here is only about whether to make this list
longer.  We don't need to complicate genbki.pl with a new facility.