Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Add important info about ANALYZE after create Functional Index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2020 at 12:00:54PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
>> Given how simple the manual workaround is not having it be manual seems
>> like it would be safe and straight-forward to implement.

> Maybe, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually a bit trickier in
> practice, particularly for the CONCURRENTLY case. But I haven't tried.

> Anyway, I think there's an agreement it'd be valuable to do this after
> CREATE INDEX in the future, so if someone wants to implement it that'd
> be great. We can consider backpatching only once we have an actual patch
> anyway.

Just to be clear, I'm entirely *not* on board with that.  IMV it's
intentional that we do not force auto-analyze activity after CREATE
INDEX or CREATE STATISTICS.  If we change that, people will want a
way to opt out of it, and then your "simple" patch isn't so simple
anymore.  (Not that it was simple anyway.  What if the CREATE is
inside a transaction block, for instance?  There's no use in
kicking autovacuum before commit.)

Сообщение: Re: duplicate function oid symbols
Сообщение: Re: duplicate function oid symbols