PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices

От Marc Munro
Тема PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 2015-08-22 at 15:15 +0000, Melvin Davidson wrote:

> I've been searching for a "PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices" with not
> much luck,
> so I've started my own. At the risk of stirring up a storm of controversy,
> I would appreciate additional suggestions and feedback.

You might add: Create all relation names as plurals.

Or, if your site uses predominantly singular names, make that the
standard.  Consistency within the site is more important than any
dogmatic belief about whether singular or plural forms is better.  If
you don't put it in the standard, someone will eventually create tables
with names that don't gel with everything else.

__
Marc

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Developer Best Practices