Re: BUG #15282: Materialized view with transitive TYPE dependency fails refresh using pg_restore and psql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15282: Materialized view with transitive TYPE dependency fails refresh using pg_restore and psql
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Keith Hickey <kwhickey@gmail.com> writes:
> But then I saw this config setting embedded at the top of the plain sql
> dump file:

> SELECT pg_catalog.set_config('search_path', '', false);

Right, that's what implements the change in behavior.

> So it looks like pg_dump somehow embeds clearing the search_path into its
> dumps. There doesn't seem to be a way in pg_dump to tell it to do this or
> not to do this.

I argued at the time that there should be an option to let it run with
some other search path, with the security implications being on the user's
head to worry about.  I lost that argument, but I still think that we're
going to have to provide such a feature.  Lately we've been seeing about
one complaint a week about this, as uptake of the locked-down versions
increases.