Re: BUG #15282: Materialized view with transitive TYPE dependencyfails refresh using pg_restore and psql

От Keith Hickey
Тема Re: BUG #15282: Materialized view with transitive TYPE dependencyfails refresh using pg_restore and psql
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Ah. That'll do it.

I was going to ask: "Is this also the case for psql, where the default search_path is not used" (... because using psql to restore a plain sql dump also failed).

But then I saw this config setting embedded at the top of the plain sql dump file:

SELECT pg_catalog.set_config('search_path', '', false);

So it looks like pg_dump somehow embeds clearing the search_path into its dumps. There doesn't seem to be a way in pg_dump to tell it to do this or not to do this. Regardless, some mention of search_path in the pg_dump or pg_restore docs would be helpful hint for this type of troubleshooting.

Thanks,
Keith

On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 11:17 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Keith Hickey <kwhickey@gmail.com> writes:
> Ok, that worked. Such a simple change.
> i.e. in the function definition, changed the return statement from
> return result::customer_tier;
> return result::public.customer_tier;

Check.

> However --
> When running the restore as user "root", with the default search path
> (which was the case): "$user", public

pg_restore doesn't use the default search path anymore.

Сообщение: Re: BUG #15282: Materialized view with transitive TYPE dependency fails refresh using pg_restore and psql
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15282: Materialized view with transitive TYPE dependency fails refresh using pg_restore and psql