Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?

От ben.play
Тема Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?
Дата
Re: Which replication is the best for our case ?  (Arthur Silva <arthurprs@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
In fact, the cron job will :
-> select about 10 000 lines from a big table (>100 Gb of data). 1 user has
about 10 lines.
-> each line will be examinate by an algorithm
-> at the end of each line, the cron job updates a few parameters for the
user (add some points for example)
-> Then, it inserts a line in another table to indicate to the user each
transaction.

All updates and inserts can be inserted ONLY by the cron job ...
Therefore ... the merge can be done easily : no one can be update these new
datas.

But ... how big company like Facebook or Youtube can calculate on (a)
dedicated server(s) without impacting users ?