Re: [PHP3] Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison

От Michael Widenius
Тема Re: [PHP3] Re: PostgreSQL vs Mysql comparison
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi!

<cut>

The> What I'd love to see is a common set of data to work from, and table
The> structures...then come up with, again, a common set of "results expected",
The> from the database.  Then, let the MySQL guys provide their query for the
The> results, and let the PostgreSQL guys come up with theirs, and compare
The> *that*.  Don't compare how to get the results the fastest through MySQL,
The> and then how the same query stands up under PostgreSQL...let us give them
The> how to get it fastest from PostgreSQL...

I have posted many messages to Postgresql developers about getting
benchmark that shows where PosgreSQL is good, but I haven't found
anyone that is interested in spending time on this!  I have got the
definite feeling that the postgreSQL developers are not interested in
working on benchmarks!

Regards,
Monty