Re: Should I care about this error "failed to link /usr/bin/psql [...] exists and it is not a symlink"?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Should I care about this error "failed to link /usr/bin/psql [...] exists and it is not a symlink"?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ekaterina Amez <ekaterina.amez@zunibal.com> writes:
> When you say "Red Hat's postgres packages use a much different file
> layout than the PGDG packages, so they don't interoperate terribly
> well.", I guess you're talking about the installation, not the structure
> of the database. If I'm right, there shouldn't be problems with
> pg_upgrade (I'm worried about data corruption as I'm not sure how to
> detect it).

Right, I'm just talking about where they put the installed executables
and libraries.  The database data per se should be compatible.

> Would it be possible to install another server with same CentOS but with
> PGDG packages of postgres 9.2 and create the replica to this server and
> replaces this one with main server when both are completely synchronized?

Should work, I think, and that's probably a good idea.  PGDG's file layout
supports having both 9.2 and 9.6 installed on the same machine much better
than Red Hat's does.

Сообщение: Postgres and Java Microservices Multithreading