Re: CLUSTERing a partition?

От jaime soler
Тема Re: CLUSTERing a partition?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
El vie, 13-03-2015 a las 16:33 -0700, Dave Johansen escribió:
> I'm using Postgres 8.4 and I would like to cluster a partition but
> keep running into issues with locks. CLUSTER requires an Exclusive
> Lock and so it gets "stuck behind" running queries that have a Share
> Lock on the partition even though they are not using the partition. I
> would be fine if the cluster waited until after the existing queries
> finished, but this then causes all new queries to back up behind it. I
> tried doing "NO INHERIT" to remove the partition while the cluster is
> happening, but that also requires an Exclusive Lock and runs into the
> same problem.

uff postgresql 8.4, are you from the past?

> So is there some way that I can CLUSTER a partition? I would be fine
> with removing the partition while the CLUSTER is happening, if that
> makes it possible.

There is a extension pg_repack http://pgxn.org/dist/pg_repack/1.3.1/ ,
that allows to retore order of a table without using a exclusive lock,
but i don't know how it behavior with partitioned tables.

good luck

От: Dave Johansen
Сообщение: CLUSTERing a partition?
От: jaime soler
Сообщение: Re: PITR compatible backup with exclusion