Re: SSL question

От Jeffrey Gaynor
Тема Re: SSL question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Never mind. I had misnamed the cert to root rather than server. Problem fixed.

Oh and delaying posts a week sure is a great way to get people to expand their horizons. :o)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffrey Gaynor" <jgaynor@ncsa.uiuc.edu>
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 12:04:43 PM
Subject: [ADMIN] SSL question

I am trying to get SSL to to work with Postgres 8.1 under CentOS 5. The situation is that I have a key and cert I must
use(so no self-signing) and attempting to access the database yields the message that no client cert was found in the
~/.postgresqldirectory.

It is my understanding that I do not need a client cert, correct?

I tried to fix this by setting the option "clientcert=0" in my pg_hda.conf file.

Q: How to I make it so that no client cert is required?

I'm a bit of a newbie with Postgres, so any and all information is happily received.

Thanks!