Re: View restore error in 9.3-9.4 upgrade

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: View restore error in 9.3-9.4 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
David Steele wrote
> I upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4 last week using pg_dumpall and psql to dump
> and import the database.  I got an error during the creation of one of
> the views and ended up having to patch the pl/pgsql manually to complete
> the migration.
>
> I've attached the relevant view and the function/views it depends on
> (view-bug.sql).  To reproduce the issue:
>
> On a 9.3 cluster:
>
>> createdb test
>> psql -f view-bug.sql test
>> pg_dump test > test.dump

Is the version of pg_dump 9.3 here?  When upgrading to a new release you
should use the newer (in this case 9.4) version of pg_dump to perform the
migration dump.

What are the exact releases of 9.3 and 9.4 upon which you are operating?

Does the dump restore into 9.3 correctly?

> psql:test.dump:151: ERROR:  column reference "query" is ambiguous
> LINE 13:     pg_stat_activity.query,

A quick visual doesn't spring anything obvious.  I haven't attempted to
reproduce via the supplied scripts.

David J.