Re: View restore error in 9.3-9.4 upgrade

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: View restore error in 9.3-9.4 upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
David,

* David Steele (david@pgmasters.net) wrote:
> I upgraded from 9.3 to 9.4 last week using pg_dumpall and psql to dump
> and import the database.  I got an error during the creation of one of
> the views and ended up having to patch the pl/pgsql manually to complete
> the migration.

Which pg_dumpall / pg_dump did you use?  Generally speaking, you want to
be using the pg_dumpall and pg_dump from the version of PostgreSQL which
you are upgrading *to*.  In this case, you'd want to use the 9.4
pg_dumpall and pg_dump.

I haven't had a chance to look more closely, but I suspect that would
work based on your comment that a dump/reload while on 9.4 works.

    Thanks!

        Stephen