Re: BUG #2804: Incorrect encoding of comment in backup of UTF8 database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #2804: Incorrect encoding of comment in backup of UTF8 database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Marcin Waldowski" <M.Waldowski@sulechow.net> writes:
> When I make a backup of UTF8 database then pg_dump add some comment to
> backup file:
> -- Started on 2006-11-30 16:01:15 srodkowoeuropejski czas stand.

This has been fixed for 8.2 by the expedient of omitting the timezone
from the comment when running on Windows.  However, you should take a
closer look at your locale settings --- the fact that it's coming out in
an encoding other than UTF8 says to me that you're running the database
with incompatible locale and encoding, which is going to cause other
problems.