Two copies of Postgres with Graphical installer

От Sridhar Reddapani
Тема Two copies of Postgres with Graphical installer
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi All,

I am trying to install second copy of postgres on same machine [with different prefix, data dir, servicename, port etc..] which already has one copy installed using postgresql-9.0.0-1-linux.bin , Is that some thing can be done?
I tried with different options as below, no mater what I mention as command options its always going to upgrade existing installation instead of installing again.

[root@postgres tmp]# ./postgresql-9.0.0-1-linux.bin --servicename PostgresSlave --prefix /opt/PostgreSQL/Slave/ --datadir /opt/PostgreSQL/Slave/data --serverport 5434
Welcome to the PostgreSQL Setup Wizard.

Existing installation

An existing PostgreSQL installation has been found at /opt/PostgreSQL/9.0. This installation will be upgraded.

In order to upgrade, we may need to restart the server. All connections to the server will need to be reestablished after the completion of the installation process.
Press [Enter] to continue :

Any suggestions pelase?

--
Thanks & Regards,