Re: still gin index creation takes forever

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: still gin index creation takes forever
Дата
Re: still gin index creation takes forever  (Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>)
Список pgsql-general
Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru> writes:
> GIN's build algorithm could use bulk insert of ItemPointers if and only if they
> should be inserted on rightmost page (exact piece of code - dataPlaceToPage() in
> gindatapage.c, lines 407-427)

I'm not following.  Rightmost page of what --- it can't be the whole
index, can it, or the case would hardly ever apply?

> Is any way to force table's scan from the beginning?

We could extend IndexBuildHeapScan's API to support that, but I'm
not quite convinced that this is the issue.

Сообщение: Re: sort_mem param of postgresql.conf
Сообщение: Re: sort_mem param of postgresql.conf