Re: Reverse compatibility

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Reverse compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"David Olbersen" <DOlbersen@stbernard.com> writes:
> I 'found' a server I'd like to use for something database related. It's got an older version of postgres on it
(7.0.2)and I'd like to install an upgraded (7.3.2) client & associated libraries.

> I don't think this server is being used for anything, but if it is, will I end up making any database related items
failbecause of the newer client & libraries?

You might.  See the Release Notes for backwards-compatibility gotchas
introduced in 7.1, 7.2, or 7.3.  There aren't very many, but there are
some ...

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: drop function all - ?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: perfromance impact of vacuum