Re: Logging behavior not changing on reload

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Logging behavior not changing on reload
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Matthew Foster - NOAA Federal <matthew.foster@noaa.gov> writes:
> I did the reload like this...

> /usr/pgsql-9.1/bin/pg_ctl -D /db_data reload

> I have examined the postgresql.conf file numerous times, and even had
> someone else look at it for me.  We can't see anything wrong in our syntax.

It looks okay to me too.  So we need to approach this a bit more
systematically.

1. When you do the pg_ctl reload, do you see anything about "received
SIGHUP, reloading configuration files" appear in the postmaster log?
If not, the problem is something about pg_ctl not getting its job done.
(Notably, are you sure that's the right -D value?  It does not look like
where installations using the type of path you show above would usually
put the data directory.)

2. If the postmaster is getting the SIGHUP signal, then the wires are
crossed somewhere in terms of what you're doing with postgresql.conf.
You wouldn't be the first person to have edited the wrong copy of
postgresql.conf, for instance.  Try "SHOW config_file" to verify where
the server thinks its config is coming from.

3. It also seems possible that the value you're setting is getting
overridden from somewhere else.  Try something like
       SELECT name,source,sourcefile,sourceline FROM pg_settings
         WHERE name like 'log%';
to see where it says it got the active values of these variables from.

It's especially easy to get these sorts of things confused if you've
got more than one Postgres installation on the machine, or if you're
using an arrangement where the config files are not in the data
directory proper.

Сообщение: Re: Logging behavior not changing on reload
Сообщение: Re: Logging behavior not changing on reload