major flaw in 6.5beta1??? (UPDATE/INSERT waiting)

От Dirk Lutzebaeck
Тема major flaw in 6.5beta1??? (UPDATE/INSERT waiting)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I'm quite shocked, I hope this is dream:

> psql cs
Welcome to the POSTGRESQL interactive sql monitor: Please read the file COPYRIGHT for copyright terms of POSTGRESQL
[PostgreSQL 6.5.0 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc egcs-2.91.5]
  type \? for help on slash commands  type \q to quit  type \g or terminate with semicolon to execute queryYou are
currentlyconnected to the database: cs

cs=> select envelope from recipient where envelope=510349;
envelope
--------  88320 510349 510349 510349 510349 510349 510349 510349 510349 510349 510349 510349
(12 rows)

To my understanding the first should have been *never* selected.

I had a strange problem tonight, where the backends stopped working
saying something like this

UPDATE waiting
INSERT waiting

dead locks? how can these happen? killed some backends, and restarted
the server. Seems part of the db are corrupted now. Back to 6.4.2?

Dirk

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Nasty resource-leak problem in sort code
От: JT Kirkpatrick
Сообщение: RE: [INTERFACES] error message