Re: SIGTERM -> elog(FATAL) -> proc_exit() is probably a bad idea

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SIGTERM -> elog(FATAL) -> proc_exit() is probably a bad idea
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" <vmikheev@SECTORBASE.COM> writes:
> It's very easy to don't notice ERROR - it's just transaction
> abort and transaction abort is normal thing, - but errors inside
> critical sections are *unexpected* things which mean that something
> totally wrong in code.

Okay.  That means we do need two kinds of critical sections, then,
because the crit sections I've just sprinkled everywhere are not that
critical ;-).  They just want to hold off cancel/die interrupts.

I'll take care of fixing what I broke, but does anyone have suggestions
for good names for the two concepts?  The best I could come up with
offhand is BEGIN/END_CRIT_SECTION and BEGIN/END_SUPER_CRIT_SECTION,
but I'm not pleased with that... Ideas?