Re: Testing truthiness of GUC variables?

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Testing truthiness of GUC variables?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Abelard Hoffman <abelardhoffman@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Boolean values can be written as on, off, true, false, yes, no,
>> 1, 0 (all case-insensitive) or any unambiguous prefix of these.
>
> is there a built-in function I can call, given the value from
> current_setting('myapp.audit'), that will test it using the same
> logic?

You can *set* a boolean setting with any of those, but that doesn't
mean it will be stored as the string you used:

test=# set default_transaction_read_only = true;
SET
test=# show default_transaction_read_only;
 default_transaction_read_only
-------------------------------
 on
(1 row)

test=# set default_transaction_read_only = on;
SET
test=# show default_transaction_read_only;
 default_transaction_read_only
-------------------------------
 on
(1 row)

test=# set default_transaction_read_only = yes;
SET
test=# show default_transaction_read_only;
 default_transaction_read_only
 on
(1 row)

test=# set default_transaction_read_only = 1;

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?
Сообщение: Re: Why isn't Java support part of Postgresql core?