Re: BUG #11207: empty path will segfault jsonb #>

От David G Johnston
Тема Re: BUG #11207: empty path will segfault jsonb #>
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane-2 wrote
> justin.vanwinkle@

>  writes:
>> select '{"a": {"b":{"c": "foo"}}}'::jsonb #> '{}';
>> [ dumps core ]
>
> Hm.  It's not immediately obvious to me what this should be defined to do;
> should it throw an error, or return the complete LHS object, or perhaps
> return a NULL?  But the author of get_jsonb_path_all() evidently didn't
> consider the case.
>
> Easy enough to fix once we settle on a definition.

As there is no immediately obvious way to return the entire LHS when using
this operator it doesn't seem that far-fetched to define this as the syntax
that would do so - though then there wouldn't be a way to not return the
entire LHS without providing a known invalid key (maybe '{NULL}' - what
would that do now anyway...)

Not that we would necessarily want to duplicate hstore but "hstore ->
text[]" seems similar enough to emulate if desired.

David J.