Re: upgrading postgres 7.3.4 to 9.1.9

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: upgrading postgres 7.3.4 to 9.1.9
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Khangelani Gama <kgama@argility.com> wrote:

> this one instance is still on postgres 7.
>
> I dumped postgres 7 database using pg_dump –Fc on postgres 7
> binaries and then attempted pg_restore –Fc (using postgres9.1.9
> binaries)

The recommended approach is to perform the dump with software from
the newer version.

> which threw out the following errors.

> ERROR:  language "plpgsql" already exists
> DETAIL:  Proceeding with relation creation anyway.

I'm not sure you'll get this if you use the 9.1 pg_dump.  In any
event, I think it could be safely ignored if you do so.

> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plperl": No such file or directory
> ERROR:  function public.plperl_call_handler() does not exist
> ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plperl": No such file or directory
> ERROR:  language "plperlu" does not exist

I would use CREATE EXTENSION for plperlu on the 9.1 database before
attempting to restore.

> Because of the above errors I tried the following
>
> /usr/local/pgsql9/bin/createlang -p59999 plperl template1
>
> createlang: language installation failed: ERROR:  could not open extension control file
"/usr/local/pgsql9/share/extension/plperl.control":No such file or directory

I would just use CREATE EXTENSION from psql.  You might need to
install an optional package or some such, since you don't seem to
have the code....

Note that 7.3.4 is missing years of bug fixes, including fixes for
serious data-eating bugs.  I would recommend upgrading from 7.3.4
to 7.3.21 before attempting the major release upgrade if possible.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Khangelani Gama
Сообщение: Re: upgrading postgres 7.3.4 to 9.1.9
От: "Sofer, Yuval"
Сообщение: set archive mode => on