Re: WAL archiving to 2 standby servers

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: WAL archiving to 2 standby servers
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm wondering as I've never seen anyone doing this if I can/should setup
> WAL archiving from the primary server to 2 different standby servers. These
> machines are configured to be
> streaming replication and I've got the archive command on the primary doing
> an scp to both standbys, but for some reason the second one isn't getting
> anything. What the
> archive_command looks like is "scp %p user@standby1:/<dir>/%f; scp %p
> user@standby2:<dir>/%f". That's not wokring correctly, but
> I'm wondering if it's even necessary for the 2nd
> standby?

What I have done in a situation like this is to have the archive
command copy to a directory on the database server machine, and use
rsync to make copies on all targets.  If you try to have the
archive command deal with both standby machines directly, it gets
pretty complicated trying to handle the failure of one of those
standby machines, or of the network connecting to one of them.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com