Re: Sudenly unable to backup from database

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Sudenly unable to backup from database
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, 2014-06-18 at 09:45 -0700, jackrg wrote:
> I understand what the —no-password switch does from a technical point of view, but I was not manipulating that file.
Earlierin the day the same sequence in pgAdmin successfully backed up the database. Between those two invocations, I
didnothing that should have affected the existence of a pgpass file. I did not create one when it worked; nor did I
deleteit before the invocation that did not work. My inference is that perhaps pgAdmin created it the first time but
notthe second time. If that is true, then my question would by why did it not create the file the second time.

pgAdmin creates the file when it's been told to record the password. If
you change the password, pgAdmin won't know and won't be able to update
it in the file till the next (failing) connection. So either someone
changed the password, or the pgpass got corrupted some way. But I can't
reproduce this.