Re: can't get pg_stat_statements to work

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: can't get pg_stat_statements to work
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
> On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 12:29 PM, <richard@xentu.com> wrote:
>> Is that the file that gets generated in
>> /var/lib/postgresql/8.4/main/pg_log?

> ​I'm not sure what this ancient and no longer supported (by this community
> at least...) version of PostgreSQL​ does on Ubuntu but my unaltered 9.3
> installation on 14.04 places the log file into "/var/log/postgresql".  I
> suspect yours does the same.

The pg_log file is probably capturing the server's original stderr output,
which would only receive error messages emitted before the server adopts
the log destination commanded by the log-related settings specified in
postgresql.conf.  I believe that shared_preload_libraries is processed
after we adopt the log-related configuration settings, so whatever error
is getting reported about that would go where your configuration says.

(More recent versions than 8.4 try to leave a breadcrumb trail,
ie the last thing sent to the pg_log file would've been a hint
about where future error messages would go ...)

Сообщение: Re: can't get pg_stat_statements to work
Сообщение: Re: can't get pg_stat_statements to work