Re: which slony to start?

От wambacher
Тема Re: which slony to start?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Scott Whitney-3 wrote
> If it's "not production," (and I understand all the nuances of "sort of
> production") why not just 9.3 both of them and use built-in replication?
> What are you trying to accomplish that you feel Slony will do better?

Ok, it's not for commercial use (no company loosing money if it fails), but
i have to do this tasks and would like to have the database online as long
as possible.

- move the database to another system
- reinstall the old system starting from scatch (ubuntu and all apps
including postgresql/postgis)
- upgrade from 9.1 to 9.3

my plan: install 9.3 on new system, move database using slony, reinstall new
system with 9.3, move database back, keep slony alive for fallback. i will
not upgrade the running server to 9.3 without fallback.

ok, you say "do it without slony"

than i have to install 9.1 on the new server, sync databases, rebuild old
server with 9.1, resync back, upgrade new server to 9.3, upgrade
backup-Server to 9.3

so i ask again: which version of slony should i use - if i do it with slony?

Regards
walter