Re: Need to find the no. of connections for a database

От sivapostgres@yahoo.com
Тема Re: Need to find the no. of connections for a database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm saying isolation will not work out to my requirement.   The steps.

1.  On completion of all entries by all,  say for a day.
2.  Lock, so that no one enters any other data.
3.  Create a report from the entered data.
4.  Create / Modify required entries from the values arrived in the report. [ long process ]
5.  Once completed, commit all data.
6.  Unlock, so that other users can enter data again.  Data entered will be for another date.  Data cannot [should] not entered for the processed date.

On Thursday, 27 February, 2020, 06:29:00 pm IST, Ireneusz Pluta/wp.pl <ipluta@wp.pl> wrote:

W dniu 2020-02-27 o 12:35, sivapostgres@yahoo.com pisze:

> I need to prevent other users from entering any transaction till I finish taking reports from my
> application.  All users will be using the same application, from which this report is supposed to
> be printed.

maybe advisory lock is what you need?

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/explicit-locking.html#ADVISORY-LOCKS

Сообщение: Re: Need to find the no. of connections for a database
Сообщение: Re: Need to find the no. of connections for a database