Re: [GENERAL] Question about Linux, threads, and Postgres

От Felix Morley Finch
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Question about Linux, threads, and Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
>>In article <19990131124430.B22196@ricochet.net>, Adam Haberlach <haberlaa@ricochet.net> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 09:08:14PM -0800, Felix Morley Finch wrote:

>> Q 2: Is it necessary and/or sufficient to have only one thread talk to
>> the Postgres library?

>     Well, it would be sufficient--I am not sure if it is necessary.
> When I get around to cleaning up my hackish port of the client libs
> to BeOS, I will keep an eye out for things that could cause problems.

Hmmmmm.  I wonder.  If libpq doesn't know about per-thread errno, but
uses the global one, and my code thinks the per-thread errno is set,
this might cause problems.  I wonder if there are any other libc
variables which also have per-thread and global versions.

     Felix Finch: scarecrow repairman & rocket surgeon / felix@crowfix.com
  PGP = 91 B3 94 7C E9 E8 76 2D   E1 63 51 AA A0 48 89 2F  ITAR license #4933