Re: [GENERAL] A forward-compatible pg_dump?

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [GENERAL] A forward-compatible pg_dump?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Herouth Maoz wrote:
  >After *months* of delays, we are *finally* going to port all our databases
  >(and that's hundreds of small ones) to 6.4.2 from 6.2.1.
  >So, I recalled that there was somebody who wrote a forward-compatible
  >pg_dump. Something that works on 6.2.1 (or was it 6.1?) but outputs 6.4 or
  >6.3 schema syntax. Is that someone still around?

My version was from 6.3.2 -> 6.4.  I have sent a copy to Herouth for
further hacking...

Would it be a good idea to have an archive of enhanced pg_dump programs
for earlier releases?

     "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the
      life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."
                                John 14:6