Re: UFS2 Snapshots and Postgres

От Vibhor Kumar
Тема Re: UFS2 Snapshots and Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Jun 25, 2012, at 10:34 AM, Eduardo Morras wrote:

>>> Thanks in advance
>> Snapshots are "safe" (but will result in a roll-forward on restart) IF AND ONLY IF the log data and database table
spacesare all on the same snapshotted volume.

>> IF THEY ARE NOT then it will probably work 95% of the time, and the other 5% it will be unrecoverable.  Be very,
verycareful -- the snapshot must in fact snapshot ALL of the involved database volumes (log data included!) at the same
instant.

> Even if i do a pg_start_backup()? I thought it set db data/ files in a consistent state and puts in wal files the new
transactionsand apply them when call pg_stop_backup().

> I must do it other way then :(
>
> Thanks

If you are doing pg_start_backup(), taking snapshot and pg_stop_backup with archived WAL file backups. Then its safe.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
EnterpriseDB Corporation
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
Blog: http://vibhork.blogspot.com

От: "Haszlakiewicz, Eric"
Сообщение: Re: retrieving function raise messages in ecpg embedded sql code
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: 31.11. Notice Processing - associating notices with calls