Re: xpath functionerror

От David Johnston
Тема Re: xpath functionerror
Дата
Список pgsql-general
sparikh wrote
> Hi,
>
> My current database version is "PostgreSQL 9.1.11 on
> x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat
> 4.4.7-3), 64-bit".
>
> I am trying to use function xpath in my query and got following error.
>
>  "ERROR:  function xpath(unknown, text) does not exist at character 8
> HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might
> need to add explicit type casts.
>
> I could see the library pgxml.so libray in /usr/pgsql-9.1/lib . Could
> someone please advise me what more needs to be done in order to run xpath
> queris?
>
> Thanks in advance.

The valid function signature is:

xpath(xpath text, xmlcontent xml, [ nsarray text[][] ])

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-xml.html

The "unknown" above will be converted to "text" but the "text" above will
never be converted to "xml".  You must perform this conversion yourself and
pass the converted value - now of type xml - to the function.

The documentation explains how to perform this conversion.

David J.