Re: Drop all overloads of a function without knowing parameter types

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Drop all overloads of a function without knowing parameter types
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane-2 wrote
> I wonder whether we shouldn't address this by adding a few examples
> of that type of trick to the docs.  Not sure where, though ...

Probably the Wiki would be a better place to put this kind of material.  A
link to there from "21. Managing Database" would seem to be most
appropriate.

Adding another section to chapter III is a possibility as well.  Something
like:  "XX. Database Scripting".  It could point to the Wiki as well as
cross-reference both the "System Catalogs" section and the "PL/pgSQL[...]"
section with a brief overview of the kinds of activities that are not
provided for by standard internal functions or SQL commands.

David J.