Re: Standalone synchronous master

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Standalone synchronous master
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2014-01-08 at 17:56 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> > That's why you should configure a second standby as another (candidate)
> > synchronous replica, also listed in synchronous_standby_names.
>
> Perhaps we should stress in the docs that this is, in fact, the *only*
> reasonable mode in which to run with sync rep on?  Where there are
> multiple replicas, because otherwise Drake is correct that you'll just
> end up having both nodes go offline if the slave fails.

It's not unreasonable to run with only two if the writers are consuming
from a reliable message queue (or another system that maintains its own
reliable persistence).  Then you can just continue processing messages
after you have repaired your replication pair.

Сообщение: Re: integrate pg_upgrade analyze_new_cluster.sh into vacuumdb
Сообщение: Re: integrate pg_upgrade analyze_new_cluster.sh into vacuumdb