Re: 9.1 to 9.2 upgrade surprises

От David Johnston
Тема Re: 9.1 to 9.2 upgrade surprises
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Milos Gajdos wrote
> Now, when I try to restart postgresql I get the following:
> ~ $ /etc/init.d/postgresql restart
>  * Restarting PostgreSQL 9.1 database server

> [ OK ]
>  * Restarting PostgreSQL 9.2 database server

> [ OK ]
> ~ $

So why is it you think dropping a cluster is going to cause the entire
installation of 9.1 to go away?

The attempt to restart the 9.1 databases succeeds but it is successful in
starting zero clusters.  I'll admit that it could be more descriptive but it
isn't hurting anything for the attempt.

Note that the reason the init.d script tries to start the 9.1 server is
because of the presence of a "/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1" directory.

The uninstall routine does appear buggy but I'm not really in a position to
look into or comment on it.

David J.