Re: [BUG FIX] Version number expressed in octal form by mistake

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [BUG FIX] Version number expressed in octal form by mistake
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
> Joel Jacobson <joel@trustly.com> wrote:
>
>> As reported by Andrey Karpov in his article
>> http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0227/
>> the version number is expressed in octal form 070100 should be
>> changed to 70100.
>>
>> Attached patch fixes the reported issue.
>
> This is a bug, but it's not clear what the correct patch should
> be.

Oh, I just noticed that this is for the *pg_restore* code, not the
pg_dump code, so there isn't necessarily a conflict with the docs.
The pg_dump code does match the docs on its version check. The
question becomes, for each supported version, what do we want to
set into AHX->minRemoteVersion before opening the connection to the
target database?  Do we really want a 9.4 executable to be
attempting to restore to a 7.1 database cluster?  What about
backpatching?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com