Re: [BUG FIX] Version number expressed in octal form by mistake

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [BUG FIX] Version number expressed in octal form by mistake
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joel Jacobson <joel@trustly.com> wrote:

> As reported by Andrey Karpov in his article
> http://www.viva64.com/en/b/0227/
> the version number is expressed in octal form 070100 should be
> changed to 70100.
>
> Attached patch fixes the reported issue.

This is a bug, but it's not clear what the correct patch should be.
If you look at our docs:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/app-pgdump.html#PG-DUMP-NOTES

It says, "(Currently, servers back to version 7.0 are supported.)"
The source code seems to be trying to support back to 7.1.0, but
because of the leading zero making it an octal literal it is taken
as version 2.87.36.  Do we want to make the code match the docs, or
make both match what the code appears to have been attempting?

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com