Re: HOT Standby - slave does not appear to be removing wal files

От olimaz
Тема Re: HOT Standby - slave does not appear to be removing wal files
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I had the very same problem, and after checking postgres log file, found the
following warning every 5 minutes:

archive_cleanup_command  "pg_archivecleanup /srv/postgresql/wals/ %r":
return code 32512

wich means the pg_archivecleanup script was not found.

The solution: edit the file  /var/lib/postgresql/9.1/main/recovery.conf  and
make sure it is set like this:

archive_cleanup_command = '/usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/pg_archivecleanup
/srv/postgresql/wals/ %r'

(be careful: I keep my wal files in a special dir "/srv/postgresql/wals/"
yours will be a different location)

in my case, after 5 minutes, my 140 GB wal dir changed to just 2 files,
being one of them a .backup file.  Before that, I did not had a .backup file
at all, so I could not make use of wal cleanup procedures.