Re: pg_rewarm status

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: pg_rewarm status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have used pg_prewarm during some of work related to Buffer
>> Management and other performance related work. It is quite
>> useful utility.
>> +1 for reviving this patch for 9.4
>
> Any other votes?

Where I would have used a prewarm utility is following an off-hours
VACUUM FREEZE run.  Where this maintenance made sense the only
downside I saw was a brief period in the mornings where the cache
was not populated with the "hot" data, and performance was somewhat
degraded until the cache settled in again.

So, +1.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com