Re: [HACKERS] v6.4.3 ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] v6.4.3 ?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Sascha Schumann <sas@schell.de> writes:
> On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 05:51:08PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> For example, the patch I just applied to CURRENT to link libpgtcl.so
>> with -lcrypt perhaps ought to go into REL6_4 --- but I'm afraid to do
>> that until we verify that it works on a variety of platforms.

> Just a short note:
> -lcrypt is available on glibc 2 systems only.

-lcrypt exists on a variety of systems --- you're showing undue
Linux-centrism here.  But what I did was to set up the makefiles
so that -lcrypt is included in the shared library link commands
only if configure found that libcrypt exists.  We've done this
for libpq itself since 6.4, and have not heard complaints, so
I'm probably being overly conservative to worry that it might
break the higher-level libraries.