Re: The dreaded readline, again, on OpenBSD

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The dreaded readline, again, on OpenBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Dr. Evil" <drevil@sidereal.kz> writes:
> tab-complete.c: In function `psql_completion':
> tab-complete.c:230: `rl_completion_append_character' undeclared (first use in this function)

I think you're suffering from interference between new and not-so-new
versions of libreadline, though it's hard to see exactly how you got
this error given your procedure.  You should definitely remove any
older readline.h and history.h include files that may be lurking on
your system, because evidently they're getting found somehow.

Another possibility, given that you're on BSD, is a conflict against
libedit (the BSD sort-of-workalike).