Re: displaying UTC time in local time

От mark_postgres_user
Тема Re: displaying UTC time in local time
Дата
Re: displaying UTC time in local time
Список pgsql-admin
> Those statements apply to values of type timestamp WITH timezone.
> A timestamp WITHOUT timezone is just what-you-see-is-what-you-get.

Thanks for this clarification.

To recap:  So, because my timestamps are defined as timestamp without
timezone data type and are stored in UTC, when I display them in their
default form they'll be displayed in UTC.  I can use AT TIME ZONE to convert
the displayed time to any timezone including my local timezone.

So why is it that I can get the displayed time to be local only if I use "AT
TIMEZONE 'UTC'" ?  Anything else will either be ignored or display UTC.

Is there a more intuitive way of getting these timestamps displayed in local
time?

P.S. Someone else owns the database I'm using so I can't change the
timestamps to be timestamp with timezone.