Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an ancient oversight in libpq's handling of V3-protocol COPY

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an ancient oversight in libpq's handling of V3-protocol COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> * ParameterStatus could be a risk if a function executed during COPY
> tried to change one of the above-mentioned parameters.  Since COPY OUT
> doesn't fire triggers, I think user-defined datatype output functions
> would be the only possible candidates for that.

Scratch that --- that thinking is so last-year :-(.  COPY OUT from a
SELECT subquery could fire any old function.  pg_dump isn't at risk
from that, but other applications would be.

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an ancient oversight in libpq's handling of V3-protocol COPY
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an ancient oversight in libpq's handling of V3-protocol COPY