Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an ancient oversight in libpq's handling of V3-protocol COPY

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an ancient oversight in libpq's handling of V3-protocol COPY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> Neither of those events could trigger it, because neither would be
> processed midstream during a COPY (in the current code, anyway).

OK, thanks.

> As best I can tell:
>
> * NOTICE messages are a risk, especially if you have a more-verbose-
> than-normal client_min_messages setting.
>
> * ParameterStatus could be a risk if a function executed during COPY
> tried to change one of the above-mentioned parameters.  Since COPY OUT
> doesn't fire triggers, I think user-defined datatype output functions
> would be the only possible candidates for that.

Understood

> * LISTEN/NOTIFY isn't a risk because the backend only sends NOTIFY at
> transaction end, period.

OK, just seen the comment section above the case statement.

--  Simon Riggs 2ndQuadrant  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix an ancient oversight in libpq's handling of V3-protocol COPY