Re: postgres connections in IDLE state..

От David Johnston
Тема Re: postgres connections in IDLE state..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rajagopalan, Jayashree wrote
> I'm seeing intermittently - the DB connections getting stale - and not
> getting returned to the Hibernate session pool. Some of the connections
> are as old as 9 days.

The whole point of a connection pool is to keep open connections to the
database.  These connections, when not in use, are "IDLE".  I would expect
to see a single connection for every permanent pool connection.

I don't see any problem with what you show and describe other than I'd
expect more than 2 idle connections and I'd expect the supposed "problem" to
be persistent.

In your example the backend has been alive and in the pool since 9/11 and
the most recent time it was used was 10/2.  In between those two dates there
were many other times the connection was used.

David J.