Re: question on the information_schema

От David Johnston
Тема Re: question on the information_schema
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Salvatore Barone wrote
> This is the output of \d from psql. I logged in as "ssaa"
>
>                                   Lista delle relazioni
>  Schema |            Nome            |  Tipo   | Proprietario |
> Dimensione | Descrizione
> --------+----------------------------+---------+--------------+------------+-------------
>  public | acquisti_persona_fisica    | tabella | platinet     | 8192
> bytes |
>  public | acquisti_persona_giuridica | tabella | platinet     | 0
> bytes    |
>  public | articolo                   | tabella | platinet     | 8192
> bytes |
>  public | fornitore                  | tabella | platinet     | 0
> bytes    |
>  public | giacenza                   | tabella | platinet     | 0
> bytes    |
>  public | persona_fisica             | tabella | platinet     | 8192
> bytes |
>  public | persona_giuridica          | tabella | platinet     | 8192
> bytes |
> (7 righe)
>
> And this is the output of  show search_path;
>
>  search_path
> ----------------
>  "$user",public
> (1 riga)

One thing to try is after you run your query as the postgres user issue a
"SET ROLE ssaa;" command to immediately pretend you are the ssaa user and
then execute the query again.

Also, as "ssaa" (both via SET ROLE and as a separate login), try issuing a
simple "SELECT * FROM table" for whatever table(s) you expect to see results
for.

One common problem that occurs in situations like this is that user
"postgres" and user "ssaa" are not connecting to the same database.  The SET
ROLE will help diagnose that problem though there are other ways as well.

Likely the issue is either a "mis-connect" as mentioned above or it has to
do with table permissions; the information_schema query is not likely to be
broken.  The problem, for me in particular, is that I do not know what
questions to ask to get you to adequately show the current permissions in
your setup.  Assuming it is not the first problem then you, with the help of
others probably, will need to be much more verbose in showing what specific
setups are in place (GRANTs, REVOKEs, GROUP/ROLE, etc...) for the database
in question.

It is a worthwhile exercise to use a newly created test database and a newly
created user to try and get a minimal example working (even/especially if
incorrectly) and then supply the entirety of that example so we can review
exactly what you are doing.  If you can get the example to work then the
system is functioning and it is only your specific configuration that is
broken - which again means we need much more specific information.

David J.