Re: selective statement logging

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: selective statement logging
Дата
Re: selective statement logging  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> If people are happy with suppressing statement logging on a parse error,
> OK.

I think that's a really, really awful idea.  Not infrequently, the
postmaster log is the easiest way of debugging applications that are
sending bogus SQL.  If you fail to log the bogus SQL then you've just
cut debuggers off at the knees.

I haven't read the earlier part of the thread yet so I don't know just
what problem you want to solve, but please not this solution.