Re: unexpected EOF on client connection during pg_dumpall

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: unexpected EOF on client connection during pg_dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Arnold, Sandra L." <arnoldsl@ornl.gov> wrote:

> I am currently getting a “unexpected EOF on client connection”
> when running pg_dumpall from a bash shell script in cron.  I have
> looked online to see if anyone else is having or have had this
> problem without any luck.  I am hoping someone can point me in
> the right direction to determine what is happening.  When I run
> the command manually it works.

> Please let me know if I need to provide any other information.

What does pg_dumpall write to stdout and stderr?  I have only seen
the server-side error you show when the pg_dumpall client had an
error writing, due to permissions problems or disk space
exhaustion, and the reason needs to be found on the "client" side,
not in the server log.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com