Re: 9.2.2 - semop hanging

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: 9.2.2 - semop hanging
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Rafael Domiciano <rafael.domiciano@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah, disabling THP seens to lower the severity of the situation.
> Thanks. Right now is about 1 hour without any episode.

> Googling I've found that others had the same problem, and
> resolved disabling THP. Is it the right way?

That is the only way to correct this problem when it appears that I
am aware of.  I have seen recommendations to disable THP defrag
instead, but where I have seen people do that, they wound up
entirely disabling THP support later.

Huge pages should benefit performance in general, but some
implementations seem to have problems.

--
Kevin Grittner
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company