Re: A general Q about index

От David Johnston
Тема Re: A general Q about index
Дата
Re: A general Q about index  (soroosh sardari <soroosh.sardari@aut.ac.ir>)
Список pgsql-hackers
David Johnston wrote

> soroosh sardari wrote
>> Hi
>>
>> I want to know how an index is created and used.
>> actually if you can show to me a simple start point, it would be great.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Soroosh Sardari
> In the documentation there is a table of contents and listed on that table
> is a section named "Indexes".
>
> David J.

Since you posted this to hacker you may mean you wish to know how to program
them as oppose to use them in SQL.  I have no clue to this regard.  If you
did mean "use in SQL" then the documentation is your friend and you also
should not have posted this question to -hackers but to -general instead;
probably should have posted there anyway to begin with and been more clear
as to what you mean by "created and used".

David J.